- School Size
- Type of School
University/Intensive English Program
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Arts and Humanities, Computer Science, Criminal Justice
Type of Housing
- Social Media
Founded in 1942 by the Felician Sisters, Felician University is one of the few Franciscan universities in the country, and the only one in New Jersey. We’ve built our reputation with an emphasis on service and respect for humanity and we strive to represent those values in everything we do.
We provide the individualized attention and support to prepare you for life, and success, after graduation. More than just quality students, we’re graduating valuable members of society who are prepared to take on the challenges of an ever-changing world. As a co-educational, liberal arts institution, Felician is home to approximately 2,200 undergraduate, graduate, adult, and ESL studies students. With full-time, part-time and online offerings, you can expect an accommodating university experience at Felician University.
Felician Fast Facts:
- One of 20 Franciscan universities in the United States and the only one in New Jersey
- Approximately 2200 students enrolled, with over 100 international students from 34 different countries represented
- Average class size is 15 students
- Located only 10 miles from New York City
- Over 90% of international bachelors degree seeking students receive scholarships
- 10 Division II athletic programs
- 144-year-old Castle on the Rutherford campus listed in the National Register of Historic Places
- Two consecutive years awarded New Jersey Distinguished Student Teacher of the Year
- Felician is a liberal arts institution, offering bachelors, masters, and doctorate programs in over 55 different concentrations.
- Some of our most popular programs include Nursing, Business, Accounting, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Education, Psychology, Music, and Communications.
- The University is also one of the few universities in the world to be granted Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) status by the United Nations. This distinguishing status with the U.N. gives Felician students a unique opportunity to participate in our U.N. Fellowship Program, gaining unprecedented access to attend U.N. conferences and meet politicians, diplomats and ambassadors from around the world.
American Culture and English Studies (ACES) Program
The American Culture and English Studies (ACES) Program is a comprehensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program with year round intensive language instruction and cultural immersion. The program is designed to prepare students to enroll in a degree program, enter a competitive job market, or simply improve their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. In our Intensive English Program, full-time students study for 23 hours a week and must enroll for a minimum of four weeks. Classes are kept to an average of 10 students to ensure students receive a lot of personal attention. In addition to classroom learning, a campus provides a total immersion experience; ESL students can interact with American students, live in the residence halls, participate in clubs, sports, campus activities and explore NYC. Conditional admission to Felician’s degree programs is also available to those studying in the full time ACES program. For more information on our ACES program, please visit http://felician.edu/global/international-students/esl-program.
Located in Lodi and Rutherford, New Jersey, Felician University is just 10 miles away from the famous New York City. This gives international students the opportunity to explore New York and all it has to offer, but at the same time gives students the opportunity to retreat to a more residential community for living and studying. With the best of both worlds, international students can grab a train ride to the City, or they can stay home where they are in walking distance to shops, restaurants, and a movie theatre – not to mention the on-campus facilities.
As a co-educational, liberal arts institution, Felician is home to approximately 2,200 undergraduate, graduate and adult studies students. The campus environment is built on diversity with many spiritual, intellectual, and social events going on throughout the year. With two campuses, each location is self-sufficient, with its own cafeteria, classrooms, academic and administrative offices, study lounges, computer labs, activities and more. This will allow you the opportunity to interact with American students as well as other international students from across the globe.
- Over 90% of international students receive a scholarship for our bachelors degree programs
- Scholarships range from $4,500 up to $18,500 per year for our undergraduate applicants
- Students admitted to Felician are automatically considered for a scholarship, no separate application is required
Office of International Programs
One Felician Way
Rutherford NJ 07070
- Arts and Humanities
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- English Literature
- Film Studies
- General Management
- Global & Area Studies
- Health and Wellness
- Liberal Arts
- Marketing and Communications
- Natural Science
- Political Science
- Studio Art
- Special Education
- English for Academic Purposes
- English Language (ESL)
- Summer Intensive English